Use Jaggery گڑ instead of Sugar
Health benefits of Jaggery گڑ
Prevents anaemia: The high iron content of jaggery is what lends it the characteristic dark colour. Consuming jaggery regularly prevents iron deficiency anaemia.
Eases pre–menstrual syndrome: The sweetness of jaggery releases feel-good endorphins, which offer relief in pre-menstrual syndrome, depression and anxiety. It also helps relieve associated bloating and water retention.
Relieves muscle cramps: The magnesium content eases muscle aches and twitches. It helps manage restless leg syndrome.
Boosts immunity: The zinc and selenium present work on enzyme systems of our body that scavenge free radicals. The phenol in jaggery also has powerful antioxidant effects that helps the body build resistance.
Regulates blood pressure: The potassium content in jaggery helps keep a check on blood pressure and oedema.
Relieves flatulence and acidity: Jaggery activates digestive enzymes and speeds up digestion. That’s why it’s recommended to have some jaggery after a meal.
Acts as an expectorant: Jaggery helps expel phlegm, thus offering relief from cold and cough.
Warms the body: Jaggery has the ability to warm the blood, making you feel cosy during extreme cold.
Eases hiccups: Jaggery is recommended as a proven remedy for hiccups.
Helps detox: Being rich in antioxidants and fibre, jaggery helps cleanse and detoxify the system. It is often lauded for its ability to fight effects of pollution. It is particularly beneficial for factory and mine workers, who are constantly surrounded by dust and other pollutants.
• diabetic people are often advised to replace sugar with jaggery
• purifies the blood
• extremely beneficial for anemic people as it is rich in iron
• helps maintain blood pressure levels due to low amounts of sodium
• reduces water retention in the body so controls weight of the body
• is rich in anti–oxidants so helps in fighting the free radicals in the body
• strengthens the nervous system
• helps control indigestion and constipation problems
• extremely beneficial for throat and lung infections
• helps in preventing breathing problems and asthma
• helps fight pollution by allowing people to breathe easily in higher levels of pollution and smoke
• is rich in magnesium so helpful in relieving fatigue and relaxes muscles and nerves
• prevents rheumatism
In your diet
Add jaggery to your breakfast cereal or porridge
Substitute white sugar in your tea/coffee with jaggery
Add a pinch of jaggery to dal preparations
Use it in squashes, pickles and jams
Use it in candies and chocolates
Use it in desserts.
Refined Sugar is known as White Sugar. Generally used raw materials to produce sugar are canes or beets.White sugar doesn’t contain any structural materials, vitamins or minerals in it.In order to digest consumed sugar, it needs body’s vitamins and minerals reserve. When these reserves are depleted, metabolization of cholesterol and fatty acid is obstructed, resulting in increased levels of triglycerides and cholesterol promoting obesity due to high fatty acid storage in and around organs
Sugar has deep and irreparable impact on the body’s Homeostasis. Various medical journals and other publications from past few years are publishing the ill effects of sugar, but seems it’s failing to impact and bring the necessary changes.
Some major diseases body can face due to White sugar are:
1. Sugar can make you hyperactive. Hyperactivity adds up to the existing stress levels. It can make kids to become crankier.
2. Sugar can increase insulin levels in the body.
3. Sugar has a major role in increased production of triglycerides.
4. Sugar reduces the strength of the natural defense mechanism, the body possesses.
5. Sugar can increase fasting levels of glucose.
6. Sugar disrupts absorption of calcium and magnesium which are very essential to the body.
7. Sugar can weaken eyesight.
8. Sugar increases the acidity levels of the digestive tract, disrupting its natural functionality.
9. Sugar also decreases the bowel movement, which can be just a starting point of many other major diseases.
10. Sugar is the major cause for Obesity, which is a byproduct of raised insulin levels.
11. Sugar can cause appendicitis, varicose veins, increased cholesterol, heart disease, arthritis, asthma, gallstones, increased Systolic Blood pressure, cataracts, headaches including migraines, aggravates PMS, Osteoporosis, eczema in children and many more.
12. Sugar may induce premature Cell death.
13. Sugar helps you look aged by hastening the aging process.
14. Recent study states Sugar can impair DNA structure.
Above are just a few side effects to mention; but there are as much as 150 diseases directly or indirectly related to Sugar consumption.
List of disastrous foods to skip, which tremendously adds up to your calorie intake are:
2. Cola (any carbonated-fizz drinks),
3. Chocolates (except dark ones with more % of cocoa content in it),
4. Coffee & Tea (Or reduce it to just one serving a day… Not more than ONE),
5. Junk foods.
Some Boosting Factors to quit your sugar-addiction:
1. Recent tests confirm that reducing sugar for a longer period of time helps females regain their pre-pregnancy figure.
2. Reducing sweets (in any form) for a period of 3 weeks at a stretch, leads the colon to cleanse by itself, which otherwise needs medication.
3. Quitting junk foods containing artificial or refined sugar for a period of 2 weeks helps you lose weight naturally by at least a Kg (couple of pounds).
Each time you consume sugar (or any of its products) it creates an appetite for other sweets, it consumes you so fast that by the time you come to your senses you would have become a Sugar addict or a Diabetic.